Andy attended the Baptist College at Charleston (now Charleston Southern University) and majored in business administration with an emphasis in management. He was a member of Gamma Beta Phi Society. He earned a Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude in 1978. Andy attended the University of South Carolina School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor in 1981.
Andy initially worked in a general practice firm handling plaintiffs and defendants domestic and personal injury cases, property damage claims and construction collections involving mechanics liens and bond claims. He also gained experience in real estate related litigation, such as premises liability, boundary disputes and quiet title actions. Andy has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in construction collections actions, such as mechanics lien litigation in state courts and bond claims in state and federal courts. He has handled cases involving all manner of structures including single family residential, multifamily residential, commercial, marine, roads, bridges and unimproved land in boundary disputes and adverse possession claims. The construction cases have involved building envelope failures, structural failures, delay claims, drainage and flooding, timber claims and undisclosed subsurface conditions. He has defended direct bad faith claims against insurers, on both homeowners policies and and flood insurance policies.
Andy and his wife Laura have a blended family of four grown children. He enjoys fishing, shooting sports, hunting and generally anything connected to the outdoors.
- Construction Defect Claims
- Construction Collections, Mechanics Liens and Payment Bond Litigation
- Construction Contract Review
- Homeowners Associations & Community Associations
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Probate Administration and Litigation
- Estate Planning and End of Life Documents
- South Carolina, 1981
- U.S.D.C., District of South Carolina, 1985
- Baptist College at Charleston, Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude, 1978
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1981
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Berkeley County Bar Association,
- Charleston County Bar Association