Bob ClawsonOffice: (843) 577-2026
Bob was born in Winston-Salem, North Carolina in 1942. He was an Assistant U.S. Attorney from 1968-1972; Associate Municipal Judge for the City of Charleston from 1974-1976; and Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Charleston from 1976 to present. Bob was one of the founding partners of Clawson & Staubes in 1975. Bob has practiced for many years in the area of insurance defense litigation and has tried many cases throughout South Carolina in both state and federal court.
Bob was the Chairman of the Charleston Area Mental Health Commission from 1980 – 1982. He was the President of the South Carolina Municipal Attorneys Association from 1983-1984. Bob is now of counsel to the firm and provides valuable insight and guidance to young attorneys.
Bob was an accomplished runner until knee surgery slowed him down. He completed three marathons including the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC and more than 30 half-marathons.
Bob also enjoys scuba diving and has more than 500 dives in the Americas, including the Wreck of the Rhone in the British Virgin Islands, and the Devil’s Throat in Cozumel, Mexico.
- Construction Litigation
- Construction Defect
- Municipal Law
- South Carolina Bar, 1966
- U. S. Tax Court, 1966
- U. S. Claims Court, 1970
- U. S. Court of International Trade, 1980
- U. S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1979
- U. S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1982
- U. S. Supreme Court, 1979
- American Bar Association
- University of North Carolina, Bachelor of Science, 1963
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor, 1966
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Past President, South Carolina Municipal Attorneys Association
- Past President, Cougar Club of the College of Charleston
- Past President, Downtown Athletic Club of the College of Charleston
- Past Chair, Lunz Group of the Sierra Cub
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Alpha Delta
- National Moot Court Competition,1964
- Member, Board of Directors, Carolina Financial Corporation
- Member, Board of Directors, Crescom Bank
- Member, Board of Directors, Crescent Mortgage Company