Deidre is an associate attorney in the Columbia office of Clawson and Staubes. She was born and raised in South Carolina. She attended Presbyterian College and graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Economics and double minors in English and History. She went on to attend law school at the University of South Carolina School of Law and earned her Juris Doctor in 2014.
As a law student, Deidre served as an Articles Editor of the South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business, in which she was also published, and she was admitted into the Phi Delta Phi legal honor society. While attending law school, she clerked for a local law firm and worked as a research assistant for the law school’s Center on Professionalism.
Upon admission to the South Carolina Bar in 2014, Deidre practiced at a local law firm handling family law, civil litigation, estate planning, and probate matters. In 2017, she began practicing at a local insurance defense law firm, where she practiced until joining Clawson and Staubes in 2021. Her practice areas focus on litigation and insurance defense.
In her free time, Deidre enjoys cooking, traveling, running, and spending time with her husband and their cockapoo, Buttons. She is also an active member of the Junior League of Columbia, where she serves on the Healthy Kids with Special Needs committee.
- South Carolina, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of of South Carolina, 2015
- Presbyterian College, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, 2011
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2014
Honors and Awards
- South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business, Articles Editor
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- The Sex Selection Debate: A Comparative Study of Sex Selection Laws in the United States and the United Kingdom, South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business, 2013