Jescelyn graduated from the University of South Carolina Upstate in 2010 where she received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Jescelyn graduated cum laude from the Charleston School of Law in 2014.
As an undergrad, Jescelyn was a member of the national honor society for political science, Pi Sigma Alpha, and she was a member of Phi Mu Fraternity. During law school, Jescelyn served as the Editor in Chief of the Federal Courts Law Review from 2013 through 2014, where she worked in conjunction with the Federal Magistrate Judges Association. Jescelyn also served as a vice president of the Trial Advocacy Board during law school and was a member of the Moot Court board and Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society.
Prior to joining Clawson and Staubes, Jescelyn served as judicial law clerk to South Carolina At-Large Circuit Court Judge J. Cordell Maddox, Jr. from 2014-2015. She also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Richard M. Gergel in 2013. During law school, Jescelyn worked with the legal writing department as a Teaching Fellow.
Outside of the office Jescelyn enjoys spending time with her husband, Jonathan, and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Kingsley and CoCo. She also enjoys interior design, volunteering with her church and the JLC and supporting the Gamecocks.
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- South Carolina , 2014
- District Court of South Carolina, 2015
- University of South Carolina Upstate, Bachelor of Art, Political Science, 2010
- Charleston School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Cali Awards: Domestic Relations and Damages
- Federal Courts Law Review, Editor in Chief 2013-2014
- ALI-CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award 2014
- 2013 Puerto Rico Trial Advocacy Competition, Best Cross Examination
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Junior League of Columbia