Lauren Vriesinga earned a Bachelor of Art degree, magna cum laude, from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California and a Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from St. Thomas University School of Law in Florida. While in law school, Lauren served on the editorial board of the St. Thomas Law Review, executive board of the moot court board and received CALI awards in legal research and writing, advanced legal research and writing, appellate advocacy and civil procedure. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable James Lawrence King, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Lauren joined Clawson and Staubes in 2015 and practices general civil litigation, including construction defect and personal injury litigation. She also practices in the area of administrative and regulatory law, assisting clients in obtaining and maintaining liquor licenses and/or permits and representing clients before LLR’s professional licensing boards. She has distinct insight into her practice areas, having worked as an Honors Attorney at the SC Department of Revenue and Assistant Disciplinary Counsel at LLR.
When she’s not in the office, Lauren enjoys traveling, enjoying the outdoors, and spending time with her family.
- South Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina, 2015
- Loyola Marymount University, Bachelor of Art, 2008
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
Honors and Awards
- CALI Awards in legal research and writing, advanced legal research and writing, appellate advocacy and civil procedure
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Society
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honors Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Berkeley County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney's Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Young Lawyers Division
- Greater Charleston Restaurant Association