Leslie Sherrill is a graduate of Davidson College (B.A., 2008) where she was a member of the varsity swimming team for four years. As a senior, she was recognized for her leadership and selected to participate as a Chidsey Leadership fellow. She graduated from Elon University School of Law (J.D. 2011) where she served on the Honor Council for three years and competed as a member of the trial advocacy team.
Before joining Clawson and Staubes, Leslie worked at a boutique construction defect litigation firm in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and she then gained broader insurance defense experience at a Charlotte insurance defense firm. She is admitted to practice in the North Carolina state and federal courts, South Carolina state and federal courts, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Leslie enjoys living in Charlotte, North Carolina. She’s a member of First Presbyterian Church. Leslie and her miniature dachshund, Dottie, enjoy day trips around North and South Carolina that include kayaking on Lake Norman and hiking in the mountains.
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Products Liability
- Trucking and Transportation
- North Carolina, 2011
- South Carolina, 2013
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014
- Davidson College, Bachelor of Science, 2008
- Elon University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Chidsey Leadership Fellow, 2008
- Trial Advocacy, 2010-2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Skanska USA Bldg., Inc. v. Blythe Dev. Co., 230 N.C. App. 144, 752 S.E.2d 260 (2013)