Mike joined Clawson and Staubes in 2014, and he practices with the firm’s litigation team, focusing in the area of construction litigation. Mike graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology and Psychology in 2005. He graduated summa cum laude from the Charleston School of Law in 2012 and received his Juris Doctorate. While in law school, Mike was Senior Research Editor for the Charleston Law Review. He received CALI awards in Construction Law, Criminal Law, Professional Responsibility, and Securities Regulation. He was honored with membership in the James L. Petigru American Inn of Courts and was president of the Business Law Society.
Prior to attending law school, Mike worked in the construction industry both for a large construction materials supplier and as an estimator for for a commercial contracting company. His background working in the construction industry for nearly 5 years provides him with the knowledge and insight necessary to handle complex construction defect claims
Mike joined Clawson and Staubes in 2014 and he practices with the firm’s litigation team. He was admitted to practice in the State of South Carolina and the U. S. District Court, District of South Carolina in 2012. Mike's practice is primarily focused on construction defect litigation and insurance coverage. He also handles personal injury cases and has experience in medical malpractice, products liability, and premises liability.
Mike resides in Charleston with his wife, Sarah, daughter, Ava Caroline, and chocolate dachshund, Lucy. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, deep sea fishing with friends, and watching his favorite sports teams.
- South Carolina, 2012
- U. S. District Court, District of South Carolina, 2012
- UNC Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Arts, Biology and Psychology, 2005
- Charleston School of Law, Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2012
Honors and Awards
- CALI Awards (highest overall grade): Construction Law, Criminal Law,Professional Responsibility, and Securities Regulation
- Charleston Law Review, Senior Research Editor
- Super Lawyer, 2019-2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- James L. Petigru American Inn of Courts
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association - Young Lawyers
- Regional representative for the Charleston region
- Maritime Law: Reexamining the Definition of a “Vessel” Under the Lozman Reasonable Observer Test, IADC Committee Newsletter, July 2014
- Additional Insured Endorsements Panel, Bankers 2016 Litigation Conference
- Licensed Broker In Charge with South Carolina Real Estate Commission