Rob graduated cum laude with a bachelor of arts degree in broadcast journalism from the University of South Carolina. He attended law school at the University of Miami where he graduated cum laude with a juris doctor degree.
Rob has been practicing law in North Carolina and South Carolina for for more than two decades and currently practices defense litigation out of the firm's Charlotte office. Rob has successfully handled a wide variety of litigation matters in both the state and federal courts in North Carolina and South Carolina. Rob's practice areas include premises liability, products liability, motor vehicle liability and insurance law and coverage.
Rob frequently speaks on a number of topics, including the National Flood Insurance Policy, tort reform, fraud, insurance bad faith, adjuster negotiations, reservation of rights, voir dire, jury selection, uninsured motorist coverage and underinsured motorist coverage in both North Carolina and South Carolina.
In his time away from the office, Rob enjoys spending time with his family. He is also very active in the community. He currently serves as the President of the Dilworth Youth Sports Association - Charlotte's premier recreational youth baseball organization. He has also previously served on the Board of Directors for 400 North Church Street Condominum Association and as President of the University of South Carolina South Florida Alumni Club.
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- North Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1990
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Flood Seminar-The National Flood Insurance Policy
- "Tort Reform" Seminar
- Fraud and Abuse Seminar
- Seminar - What is "Bad Faith?"
- Seminar - Reservation of Rights/Excess/Denial
- Seminar - Negotiations for the Claims Adjuster
- Seminar - UM/UIM coverage under NC/SC law
- South Carolina Voir Dire procedure and Jury Selection